Tuesday, April 20, 2010

But before I redefine...

I wanted to post a picture of my first attempt at Beef Wellington. Ever since I started watching Hell's Kitchen, I wanted to try making it. I know...Hell's Kitchen is not really a cooking show but it's entertaining and I can't help it.

Here's my funny version of Beef Wellington rolled up because I did not have a nice big piece of beef fillet so I improvised, just in case you were wondering about the tiny hole in the middle. I really wanted to use the rest of my frozen brioche dough so I used that instead of puff pastry and it turned out pretty good, maybe even better than puff pastry.

I also substituted the parma ham for prosciutto. The sauce is a red wine sauce that I made by using the same pan I seared the meat in to pick up all the meaty goodness. I added to that butter, flour, red wine and S&P (salt & pepper) and let it simmer until it thickened up a little.

If you're looking for a nice Beef Wellington recipe here are two links.
The first is the recipe and the second is a video of Gordon Ramsey going through the steps.

Beef Wellington Recipe
You Tube Link with Gordon Ramsey

The result:




I served it with steamed asparagus and mashed red potatoes with fresh chopped thyme, S&P, soy milk and olive oil. It's not as hard as it looks and it was really fun.

Hopefully, tomorrow I will have my first J-food post up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment