Thursday, April 15, 2010

Last Episode of Ugly Betty

I don't know why I didn't find out until the last moment that Ugly Betty was ending on ABC. I watched the first season and after that on and off, but I recently got back into it in last September. I was a little sad that Rebecca Romijn left the show but it still maintained it's cute Betty moments so I was happy watching it as a dvr recording. Last week, as I was catching up on some recorded t.v., including Ugly Betty, and the commercial for the last show aired. "The final episode of Ugly Betty?" I'm not even sure why I was so upset since I wasn't a huge fan, but it was sort of my go-to show for corny feel good shows. I guess I can relate a little to Betty Suarez. Mostly, I can relate to her hard work ethic and always trying to do the right thing but sometimes getting taken advantage of. And of course, those dorky awkward moments that everyone has at least sometimes right?

Overall I was content how the show ended because everyone had a happy ending and most of all, Betty was able to get away from Mode and start a new life for herself at a magazine more suited for her. It only took her four years to achieve her dream of becoming an editor. Four years might seem like a long time but to start as an assistant and become a editor in 4 years seems pretty good to me.

There were a few things that I didn't like about the ending though. Daniel suddenly realizes that he doesn't want to run Mode because Betty quits but he has no other plans and follows Betty to London even though he's not sure he's in love with her? WHAT? I couldn't even say that sentence without breathing. Willamina gets what she always wanted and suddenly becomes nice? Plus, there are a few unanswered questions. What happened to Tyler? He tries to kill Claire and they are back to being a happy family or not? What was the sudden change in Marc? Why does he suddenly have a conscience? I suppose these sudden changes were the best way to wrap up the show and give everyone a happy ending. Unfortunately, I think that the show wasn't popular enough to have a movie like the Sex in the City movie so I guess I'll never have the answers to my questions.

I'm looking forward to seeing America Ferrera in something new. I like her in comedy and drama but who knows what she's up to next. After a little google seaching it seems that she wants to take a break before starting something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment