Monday, May 31, 2010

Tofu and green onion miso soup

Ok...I know I started my first miso soup recipe by calling it "Not just tofu and green onions in my miso soup please" but I figured at one time or another I'd get someone asking why I don't have the quintessential miso soup on my blog so here it is. I also thought what better time than the grilled fish build a meal to introduce this classic miso soup recipe.

Ingredients (servings 2)
1/8 a 14 oz. (396 grams) package of tofu (cut into 8 cubes)
1 green onion
2 Tablespoons +1 teaspoon of miso
2 cups nibandashi

1) Make nibandashi or you can use ichibandashi. As a substitute you can use 2 cups of water and 1/4 teaspoon of dashi powder.
2) Add the tofu and simmer for 1 minute.
3) Add the miso and put the miso in a ladle and use chop sticks or something to dissolve the miso before adding it directly to the soup.
4) Add the green onions and serve immediately.

Put the green onions in just before serving.


Don't cut your tofu into tiny specs.

No comments:

Post a Comment