Saturday, January 30, 2010

More on Car stuff

I know I wasn't going to talk about my purse being stolen anymore but I thought I'd share some of my research about my car.

After getting a grilled chicken club at my local ice cream shop, (who gets lunch at an ice cream parlor), especially the nice old fashioned ones, I decided to get the Unbreakable Autolock Pro instead of the Club. I'm not sure what made me get the club sandwich and then decide against the Club car lock but you have to go with your instincts. It could have also been that my friend's friend recommended that I get the break lock type over the steering wheel type. I didn't speak to him directly but I'm guessing it's because you could easily cut into the steering wheel, take off the club and still drive off with the car pretty easily. It would be a lot harder to drive off with a car if your break pad was cut off. The Autolock Pro is a different design and prevents the break pad from being depressed so that the car can't start even if you have the keys. Other than that, I'm not sure what the difference is. They both seem like they are made of material that's difficult to cut so that's how I made my decision.

The other nice thing about the Autolock Pro is that they offer a $5000 guarantee if your car is stolen with the Autolock installed properly. You just have to fill out a registration form and send it to them within 10 days.

I also made more phone calls to Honda dealers in my area. Wow, I was so surprised to hear what a difference each dealer charges for their services. One office quoted me about $500 to change out the locks and the other one quoted me $1300-1500. The other day when I said it was going to cost $1265 for the locks and alarm, that was with the dealer that was going to charge me $500 just the keys. Either way it's not worth it since my car is over 7 years old. I'm going to look into how much my insurance will cover if my car is stolen. The other good thing the service guy at Honda told me is that I could just get a new remote and reprogram it. That would cost about $89 dollars.(Duhhh why didn't I think of that?) He also recommended that I call my insurance company to ask if my car keys and alarm remote is covered by my insurance. I'll also have to ask how much the deductible is and if my premium will go up but that will have to wait until Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment