Friday, February 19, 2010

Alumni Event

Tonight was my grad school alumni event. I was sort of apprehensive about going because I haven't found a job yet and it's been about 8 months since I graduated. People were understanding of the job market and it was nice to be in the company of my fellow unemployed classmates. I guess misery loves company. But it ended up being nice and I got to see some of my friends that I haven't seen in a long time. A mini reunion of sorts. Nothing really eventful happened except the usual exchange of stories to catch each other up on things but non the less I had a good time.

One of my good friends surprised me with news that she will be getting her 3rd degree. Whoa...another degree. I don't know what's up with my friends and their triple degrees. Yea yall know who you are. She'll be getting a culinary management degree. I'm not quite sure what that is but I'm guessing it's like restaurant management. If I were going to back to school, culinary school is the only school I would consider.

So much for networking. Maybe next time.

I'm back to knitting...

No comments:

Post a Comment